Christoffer Stivén for #30thirty30
Working as one with nature.
To celebrate Plattan 2 Bluetooth’s 30+ hours of wireless playtime, we reached out to creators worldwide to help us create the ultimate 30 hour playlist. One hour a day for 30 days.
Woodworking has been one the cornerstones of civilization. As soon as man developed the ability to create tools, woodwork figuratively built the foundation of modern society. A craft that never became obsolete no matter what progress mankind achieved. Because an art form can never be obsolete. Working with materials only nature itself can provide is probably the purest form of creating. When in such co-existence with nature, it's no surprise that when woodworker Christoffer Stivén of Urskog utilizes his craft, it is with great concern for what we leave behind. Wether creating pieces of art, skateboards or furniture, a deeply rooted devotion for sustainability and eco-friendly components is always in mind. Because if we take from nature, we always have to give back.
Working in a wood-shop often means long hours of monotone movement. That's why Christoffer Stivén has carved out a playlist of song picks meant to keep up the spirit during these long days.
Christoffer's Picks (Tracks 162 - 180):
Click HERE to go direct to Spotify app.
162. Family Four - Härliga sommardag
163. The Beach Boys - Kokomo
164. Annie Lennox - Walking on broken glass
165. Lou Reed - Dirty Boulevard
166. Pat Benatar – We belong
167. Elton john – Tiny dancer
168. Night ranger – Sister Christian
169. The Rolling Stones – Gimme shelter
170. Kansas – Carry on wayward son
171. Paul Simon – 50 ways to leave your lover
172. The Highwaymen – Highwayman
173. Kenny Rogers – The gambler
174. Fleetwood Mac - Go your own way
175. Sister Hazel – Sail away
176. Nina Simone – Sinnerman
177. Stevie Wonder – Higher ground
178. Narada Michael Walden – Gimme gimme gimme
179. Bob Dylan – Subterranean homesick blues
180. The Doors - Roadhouse blues
Follow Christoffer on social HERE.
More from Inside Urbanears
Music, dancing and the renowned Paris flamboyance. We hosted a launch party for 'Listen to Yourself by Yazbukey'
Norm-breaking and unapologetic. But still with the same fears and worries as the rest of us. Arvida Byström challenges society's rules as well as herself. Almost always with a touch of pink. We had a quick chat with Arvida about the new collaboration on our Pink Collection, about challenging the norms of society and how to Listen to yourself.