Waffles 'n Cream for #30Thirty30
Passion can overcome any obstacle.
To celebrate Plattan 2 Bluetooth’s 30+ hours of wireless playtime, we reached out to creators worldwide to help us create the ultimate 30 hour playlist. One hour a day for 30 days.
WAFFLES 'N CREAM
Everyone who has ever tried to start their own business knows how hard it is. Imagine starting up an entire culture and carry it on your shoulders. The city of Lagos, Nigeria, hardly has any public surfaces that even resembles pavement. One obstacle that didn't stop a group of skateboarders from shouldering the startup of skateboarding in this West African country. Setting up Nigeria's only skate shop located on Victoria Island was only the beginning. With a collective of creative and determined minds Waffles 'n Cream has launched their own clothing line of artisan shirts inspired by traditional Nigerian garments as well as pop-up shops in other regions including countries such as Ghana. "The music that we have curated is a reflection of the vibe of Lagos where we come from. It kicks of with our high life and juju music which is what our parents grew up on. Then a bit of reggae and grime. Its really just the sound waves of Lagos and these tracks are very cool to skate with".
Waffles 'n Cream Picks (Tracks 43 - 59):
Click HERE to go direct to Spotify app.
43. Monomono - Kenimania
44. Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey - Ijebu (Juju Yoruba)
45. A tribe called quest - Vibes and stuff
46. Show dem gang, Boj, Odunsi The Engine - Popping
47. Ozzy B, Odunsi The Engine - Gangsta fear
48. Isaiah Rashad - Free lunch
49. Joey Bada$$ - Hilary $wank
50. James Brown & The J.B's - The Boss
51. Giggs - The essence
52. Young T & Bugsey, Belly Squad - Gangland
53. Ms. Dynamite - Dy-Na-Mi-Tee
54. King Tubby - Inna mi yard
55. Prince Jammy, Lee "Scratch" Perry - Rude boy
56. Madvillain - Great day
57. Earthing, J.I.D - Momma told me
58. The Hygrades - Rough rider
59. Skepta - Still
Follow Waffles & Cream on social HERE.
More from Inside Urbanears
Music, dancing and the renowned Paris flamboyance. We hosted a launch party for 'Listen to Yourself by Yazbukey'
Norm-breaking and unapologetic. But still with the same fears and worries as the rest of us. Arvida Byström challenges society's rules as well as herself. Almost always with a touch of pink. We had a quick chat with Arvida about the new collaboration on our Pink Collection, about challenging the norms of society and how to Listen to yourself.